Table of Contents
The Wall Street Journal
Standard & Poor’s 500
Dow Jones Industrial Average
Fear/ Uncertainty/ Doubt
- ADR= American depositary receipt
Ans：ADR is a certificate that allows a film to acquire investments from the area thefilm is unlisted. That is, a marketed film with ADR can get the funds from the investor overseas, promising those who want to invest the film to sell and buy the stocks in the foreign areas.
美股英文單字：share & stock 差在哪？
只要先記住下面這句例句，就能幫助你快速的分辨出 share & stock 的差異喔！
I bought 50 shares in Apple, so now I own Apple’s stocks.
美股英文單字：Bear market & Bull market 牛/熊市是什麼意思？
- Bear market (n.) 熊市 ( 向下走低的證券市場 )
- Bull market (n.) 牛市 ( 向上走高的證券市場 )
美股英文單字： Board 董事會完整說法
雖然單純用 Board 表示董事會的人不在少說，但更完整的說法是 Board of Directors。
- Sector (n.) 部門
Having several chains of stores in China, the film finally expanded their sector there.
- Tumble over 下降
NASDAQ kept tumbling over these days, causing lots of FUD.
- Bid (v.) 投標、競標
Harry bid one million dollars for the Chinese vase on the auction.
Brent prices tumbled over these weeks, causing the price levels to rise out of the expectation at the end of the third season. After the Brent contract was capped off, the world was curious about the bid prices and the new board established in the USA sector.
Despite the numbers claimed by the companies weren’t satisfied to the public, the composites of each stock market has delivered some messages on their bull markets. However, according to the WSJ, the policies announced by the Asia-Pacific countries were worthy of concern.In addition to FUD, many shareholders might have considered selling out their stocks so that the potential bear market would not affect their properties that much at all.
In the board, everyone was excited about the new announcement related to the dividends. Because of the freight charges uprising, the total revenue of the shipping film increased, and the dividends went up as well. Additionally, the currently rising ADR index seemed to be optimistic for further investment, so there will be a discussion about the ADR arranged in the agenda of today’s conference.
According to Dow Jones Composite Average, our ADR in the last season showed that the new items which the board determined to invest were known and valuable. Although TAIEX ended up with subtle rising only, our ADR indices indicated many important knowledges. Consequently, apart from the chair men’s latest decisions, the critical principle of developing green energy was emphasized again. Everything seemed to be unbreakable from now.
Q1. Based on the article, what is the factor of the rising revenue？
- A) the rising indices of each branches
- B) the decreasing dividends per shareholder
- C) the rising global equilibrium prices in the shipping markets.
- D) the possible NASDAQ Composites indexes
Q2. What kind of the identity of the company would be？
- A) a cooperation
- B) one of the film conducted by a big company
- C) a governmental economic sector
- D) a film of which stocks has risen a lot
Q3. What the word knowledges means in the article？
- A) the domestic information
- B) the information abroad
- C) the multiple information from different aspects
- D) the messages delivered directly by HR inside the film
Q4. Which sentence can best describe the article？
- A) Although TAIEX closed at 1:30 p.m., it was still affected by other stock markets.
- B) The chairmen decided to increase the investment amounts based on the ADR index.
- C) The board hasn’t decided whether to invest or not on the green energy.
- D) The new investment items might have something to do with the green energy.
Q5. What is author’s attitude toward the agenda？
- A) He is quite optimistic based on the knowledge that the film has announced.
- B) He didn’t say where the stocks might go even though he knew something better.
- C) He paid a great tribute to the chairman of the film.
- D) He agrees with the arrangement of the one who altered the agenda.
（Ans. C B C D D）
Once the board had decided and released the important messages, their stock was predicted to have a big rise for many days. In other words, it was the increasing personnel budgets and the declined amounts of the other investing items that drove public’s attention.）